There is a ton of possibilities and questions that you’ll begin to ask yourself while strategizing or planning out a kitchen remodeling project. What overall design or layout is best suited for function and your lifestyle? What are the ideal countertop, flooring, and backsplash materials for your home? What color palettes will compliment with the aesthetic of the rest of your home? While these are all very important, there is one question that you may have missed? Are painted cabinets or stained cabinets the ideal choice for your kitchen? Whether you are buying brand-new kitchen cabinets and trying to make a decision on natural wood grain or painted styles or you are considering giving your current cabinets a makeover, the answer to this question depends on your goals, budget, and the look you are going for in the room. Both painted cabinets and stained cabinets can deliver stunning visual appeal and a warm, welcoming environment. As long as you know what you are getting into before taking the leap in overhauling your kitchen cabinets.
Painted cabinets are an excellent fit for homeowners that like bright, fresh colors or have a house that showcases a modern, minimalist type of design. One of the biggest benefits of choosing painted cabinets is the broad selection of kitchen cabinet colors to choose from. All of which can put an exclusive twist on the overall look, feel, and functionality of your kitchen. If you are considering purchasing painted cabinets or repainting outdated cabinets in your home, the advantages to this style include:
- Smooth Aesthetic: From classic all-white kitchens to the more contemporary gray tones and matte blues, painted cabinets give your kitchen a fresh, flawless finish that goes well with most modern home plans.
- Application: It is wise to consider painting over staining. Paint adheres better to construction than stain and can cloak the fact that your cabinets aren’t real wood.
- Vivid Colors:: The sky’s the limit when you are painting your cabinets or buying newly painted cabinets! From brilliant teals and yellows to deep, dramatic reds, you can customize the look of your kitchen easily with painted cabinetry.
When you think of classic it transcends time, timeless kitchen cabinets, stained cabinets are what likely comes to mind and for a very good reason! Stained cabinets exhibit the inherent elegance of natural wood grain and can fuse well with other bold features of a kitchen. Here are some major benefits of selecting a stained cabinet over painted options include:
- Stain is magnificent for calling attention to the character of the wood, which is a huge added bonus for many homeowners. With a thinner consistency, stain allows the wood’s natural beauty to shine through.
- Finishing or touching up your cabinets is a whole lot easier when they are stained. Stain blends when reapplying to areas of damage and finding an exact match isn’t that big of a deal.
- When you’re on a budget and want to save money on your kitchen remodel, stained cabinets are your best bet. While costs vary widely in cabinet purchasing, stained cabinets tend to cost less than painted cabinets.
Whether you choose painted cabinets or stained cabinets, the look that is right for you really depends on what benefits you want to get out of your kitchen remodel. Examine your cabinet’s material, the kitchen design, amenities and color pattern of the space to choose whether stained cabinets are the perfect fit or if painted cabinets are your ticket to seeing an amazing before and after photos of your next kitchen remodel…